Brinven

Gonna Stop Lurking...

Hello everyone :)

Ive been a member of the forums now for like 7 months... but Ive just been reading everything and absorbing, but not posting much at all.

Ive been interested in Leatherworking for some time, but only recently finally started buying tools and actually trying to learn how to make stuff.

Last week I completed my very first ever "from scratch project... a basic knife sheath that I put together mostly for sewing practice. I then got ALL full of myself and tackled a gun Holster (for my Ruger .45). Its something Ive always wanted to do, but finally, after reading on here some of the best advice ever, (if you want to learn how to make a holster... make one. You'll learn more from doing it than any other way). I dont remember who said that, but thank you!! It got me off my duff and made me try it. The result was ... well, it holds the gun anyway :P I learned a TON (most importantly I leaned what i need to work on skills wise).

Anyway, Its time to get out there and be part of the community :) (which means bug people with my questions :) LOL :) )

Welcome to the forum Brinven!

we like pictures Brinven..........and welcome

Welcome aboard, this is a great site, ask all the questions you want, that's the way you get the most out of the forums.

Chief

Brinven,

I lurked the same way as you did, except for a lttle longer. I've learned more from this site than from every leathercraft book that I've bought. This is a great site.

Welcome Brinven

This is the best resource I've found. Great to have you here too.