wokka

Well There Goes The Neighborhood

Hi, my name's Wokka and I like turtles....

There's a few names here that may now me from other non leather forums. so I wont bore you with my diatribe on why I hate baloon animals, or why my goldfish got stuck to the side of the tank because he had an iron deficiancy and Mike stuck a fridge magnet to the tank....

Anywho, I'm here for 3 reasons,

1. to learn a new skill, mostly related to the fabrication and tooling of motorcycle related items

b. resources out here in Qatar are non existant

iii I heard friday was chocolate cake with sprinkles and ice cream day

See you round like a rissole

Wok

Wokka,

Welcome to the forum! The chocolate cake with sprinkles are OK, but stay away from the doughnuts. Something about a dog licking all the icing off first...

It's an unusual bunch in here and a bit chaotic at times, but there are many that very knowledgeable and very willing to help. I guessing from you initial visit to the chat room, that you've at least experienced the unusual and chaotic nature it can have when others come in to blow off steam and/or ask serious questions at the same time. It's a little like trying to herd cats at times in there, but the ability to get your questions answered quickly and from multiple sources is a real boon.

Welcome to the forum and don't forget to embrace the crazy!

Ta Shtoink,

Lucky I got my cat herding licence last year then.

See the little town I grew up in had no grid electricity, so we used to attach cats to a water wheel (the other end, not the water side) and had a massive ebony ring that built up a charge that would power the town.

Now there's only so much electricity you can get out of a cat per sitting, so we had herds that roam free in the fields and would swap them out twice a day.

Not the most glamorous job, but much better than milking duty

As for Crazy, well I'll try my best, but I reckon I might have a bit of trouble being naturally Sane

Hey wokka! Funny meeting you here!

Funny ha ha funny?

I figured that now I've moved out of the UAE and into Qatar and away from pretty much any supplier of anything (including spares for my Enfield, leather, riding gear thats not covered in HD emblems, decent mechanics, DOM tubing and Tim Tams) I'd have a crack at learning a new skill

No Tim Tams??? How will you survive????

The Tim Tams I can live without, (My wife, not so much)

It's the whole "have to get a licence to buy your allowable quota of alchohol and pork" thing that's really killing me