That's a nice shoulder holster! Been wanting one for my Colt Commander!!

Nice job on that!

If that's a rig for a 3" 1911, it looks like there will be a LOT of empty space at the muzzle....sure it's not a Commander (4" bbl) size?

Also, if that is built as a horizontal holster, you NEED to put a thumb strap on it. Just about any pistol is going to be butt heavy enough to compromise retention/security on a ' no strap' design.

Twin oaks, it was definitely a 3" Colt 1911. If the end were open, it would look shorter and more proportionate, but was a perfect fit for the gun. It was my first time molding the leather for a semi auto and admit it could look a little better knowing what I know now. It is not horizontal but much closer to vertical and the customer didn't want a strap, especially with how good the retention felt to him for just being shaped leather. Bottom line is, this is what the customer ordered and was very happy with the end result. Thank you for your wisdom though.

I guess it is just a perception issue with the photot...3D object on a 2D screen. I enlarged the screen so that the trigger guard was the right size, and compared. The part that had me wondering about the size is the amount of the slide that's ahead of the dust cover...where the ball cuts are.

But, as you said, the bottom line is that the customer is happy.