Matt Alsaker

Taurus Tracker .357 Cross Draw

The belt slot closest to the front sight post needs to be brought closer to the handgun. Laying out the template I had a tough time determining where the leather for the holster body would end up after molding. This is the first time I used Tandy's new Professional Waterstain. I usually use Fiebing's Pro Oil Dye and have not previously had any luck using water based products. I am very please with the Pro Waterstain. It went on evenly with a damp sponge and there was no bleeding when I molded the holster.

post-28681-0-71151200-1358994079_thumb.j

post-28681-0-76822700-1358994086_thumb.j

post-28681-0-31686600-1358994095_thumb.j

post-28681-0-56529600-1358994101_thumb.j

Looks great! Could you post a picture of someone wearing it. I'd like to see how the big caliber cross draw sits on the belt.

This looks great. Love they dying.

Looks great! Could you post a picture of someone wearing it. I'd like to see how the big caliber cross draw sits on the belt.

^^^what Jaymack said... love the color to.

Sorry for not getting the pictures sooner. I had the guy it was made for email me these. The holster sits in the 10 - 11 o'clock position. The photo's make it look like the holster is leaning away from the body, but it does not. The curve in the holster going from the trigger guard down along the barrel sits nicely over his thigh while sitting.

^^^what Jaymack said... love the color to.

post-28681-0-38803700-1362072273_thumb.j

post-28681-0-39060300-1362072282_thumb.j

post-28681-0-53434200-1362072286_thumb.j

Dude!!! I love it. Can you post some pictures of the back or just explain how you attached the holster to the belt loops. I need to make one for my Tracker 44 mag. I bet that it way more comfortable sitting down in a deer blind then my conventional carry holster.

Nice work, Matt. Looks like that back panel comes down and follows the contour of the holster??

Dude!!! I love it. Can you post some pictures of the back or just explain how you attached the holster to the belt loops. I need to make one for my Tracker 44 mag. I bet that it way more comfortable sitting down in a deer blind then my conventional carry holster.

I don't have pictures of the back of this one, but here's the back of another holster I did using the same construction method. The construction method is taken from Will Ghormley's "Hugger" style holster in the 1911 Pattern Pack. Prior to folding the body of the holster over itself, it is stitched to the back plate along where the slide will rest (the upside down "L" shaped stitch line). The holster body is then folded onto itself and stitched down along the bottom of the barrel and trigger guard (the "S" shaped stitch line). Hope that helps.

The same guy who bought this holster wants a chest rig for hunting purposes. It'll be a few months before I get to that and I've never done one before, but I'm pretty excited about building one. I want a chest rig for when I take my horses into the backcountry, that holster is way down on the list.

Nice work, Matt. Looks like that back panel comes down and follows the contour of the holster??

Yeah, the back plate follows the contour of the holster. It made the holster fit comfortably over the thigh. I'm working on the same style holster with an alligator inlay for a Glock 19 and a traditional thumb break right now. I'll get pictures up in a couple weeks when that one is done.

post-28681-0-82713300-1363046166_thumb.j

your holster and design are great!