idlewilder

Lining Color

So, I'm finishing a very large leather messenger bag, and I'd like to line it with some pigskin, but I'm really waffling on what color to use. I'm using a pretty dark brown color for the leather, and I was initially thinking of using a light, natural color for the lining. But my local Tandy doesn't have one piece that could line all the pieces. Alternatively, they do have a large piece of black pigskin that would line all the pieces. But I'm not sure it's gonna look good. Does anyone have pictures of a dark brown bag lined with black? Frankly, I could probably get an idea even if it isn't leather.

Black would probably look fine as it goes with everything. I personally feel a light interior would look classy though and it would be easier to see in the bag to get something.

If you want it natural order some natural from somewhere else, if you use black because its all they had you may regret it later on, especially if the bag is for you, if its a customers bag they may not care and may prefer the black.

I can't help you much with pictures but a lot of purse manufactures use black lining, you could search some of those out.