Been price shoppin for a long time now and this is the best price i can find on this model. I really wanted to buy thru Cowboy Bob, but this deal is too good to pass up. My question is have any of you ever bought a macine through this company, they seem to be a reputable dealer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CONSEW-206RB-5-Sewing-Complete-w-K-D-Stand-Motor-FREE-Roller-Feet-/140915285027?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14295%26meid%3D5556301400207784696%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1095%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D121025268265%26

Heavy Leather, I to am looking for a deal on a Consew 206RB-5. On Ebay, I saw this one. I know nothing about the company and I'm not in any way suggesting you buy from them.

Going back and looking at the deal you posted, the roller guide is a nice addition to the deal, not a $300.00 deal, maybe like 89.00, but a nice accessory to have. Welt feet would be good as well if you are doing upholstery work.

Let me add just one note here. I have a Cobra 4 that I purchased from Steve at the Leather Machine Company. Customer service there is over the top, it doesn't get any better than what you'll get from them or any other company that shows their products on this forum. There is some real value to that type of service...you'll have to place your own $ figure on how important that is to you. When something is not working correctly as mechanical items often do, it good to know Steve or Ron or others are a phone call away and can get you and your business up and running again.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19d4427f8c

Steve

NelsonLeatherWorks

Edited by LeatherWerks

I would say the same about Toledo Industrial Sewing machines the Cowboy dealer..I chatted with Bob on the phone for some time. He was very helpful and I have not pruchased anything yet. I got warm fuzzies about the service I would get from them. Probably going to buy a 4500 in the next couple weeks.

That's really not that great of a deal. I believe even if it costs a little more from Bob that the service you'll get after that is worth a little extra. That is about what I paid for mine from Bob. Plus you'll know it was gone over and adjusted properly when you get it. You may be fine with an eBay find too but there are a lot of horror stories out there as well.

And mine came with a gear reduction servo which helps slow it down and give a bit more torque

Thanks for the input guys, kinda what i was thinkin. I will just save up a few more hundred and buy from someone i know i can trust. I just thought that someone may have bought from them since they have a good selection of new machines and a few handtools.

Why don't you give bob a call and see what he has available used, it would be serviced and ready to sew.

I was considering trading mine in when he gets the 227r back in stock, if I do then mine would be a good choice. It has seen very little use.ill have to see when he expects them in or if he already got them in.

Thank you Billy for all the advice. I am really putting alot of thought into buying a machine. It is a major investment for me and everyones advice is greatly appreciated. I spoke w/ Bob the other day and he said he didnt have anything in at the moment. I would be very grateful if you keep me in mind if you do decide to sell your machine.

Ill let you know if I trade it in, that way you can deal directly through Bob as he'd be able to ship it easier than I would unless you're able to pick it up. Where do you live at?

Thank you Billy for all the advice. I am really putting alot of thought into buying a machine. It is a major investment for me and everyones advice is greatly appreciated. I spoke w/ Bob the other day and he said he didnt have anything in at the moment. I would be very grateful if you keep me in mind if you do decide to sell your machine.

Very cool.. I live in Bentonville Arkansas, so pickin it up would prolly not be an option.