Just a couple of new things, I'm most proud of this first sheath. It was a bear for construction with the full width loop. This was my second attempt with it and while not 'perfect' my customer was very happy with it. My dark brown is becoming the most popular color, isn't quite as red as the camera/lighting made them out to be though.

post-19170-0-21411800-1361163824_thumb.j

post-19170-0-37611900-1361163921_thumb.j

post-19170-0-91099000-1361163937_thumb.j

post-19170-0-62687600-1361164117_thumb.j

post-19170-0-71243600-1361164153_thumb.j

post-19170-0-12234200-1361164172_thumb.j

What dye did you use? I love the dark rich color. I like the sheath also. A friend makes custom knives with antler or hardwood for the handles...every blade is different. I enjoy making sheaths for him.

Your pieces look wonderful!!

Thank you kindly!

As always, awesome work!

Thank you!

What dye did you use? I love the dark rich color. I like the sheath also. A friend makes custom knives with antler or hardwood for the handles...every blade is different. I enjoy making sheaths for him.

Hey Matt, it's just Feibings pro dk brown. I cut it really heavily. For whatever reason this last W&C order has had the red a lot more dominant - haven't changed my methods any so who knows? I played with a few designs for the antler sheath, I'm not 100% happy with it but it was hard to get any kind of 'flow' with such a strange shape. I like making sheaths because I can use a lot of my otherwise scraps up, and they add a little something extra hanging on a belt.

Looks great - the low detail on the mold makes it look classic and the color is really pretty.

You've come a far way in a short amount of time.

Good for you!

:cheers:

Very nice! Color and finish is out standing! I also would like to know what and how on the dye?

Check out the post above yours :) Thanks for the compliments.

Looks great - the low detail on the mold makes it look classic and the color is really pretty.

You've come a far way in a short amount of time.

Good for you!

:cheers:

Thanks Dick, way I see it plenty of ya'll are really good at the detail boning. My hands not steady and I'm plain crummy at it so I'll do what I can to make one look nice. I've been toying with the idea of a vacuum press but I'm not sure if it would add too much detail. Sure would help with consistency though.

In any case thanks for the compliments. It's definitely better than my first post 2 years ago. There is a lot of knowledge to soak up here!

somebody has been putting a lot of hours in at the work bench...great designs all around, execution is spot on...i like the less boned in look...i have been doing alot of exotics here lately, and i love not boning in a bunch of detail...i think it looks more like leather and less like plastic...its a very classic look...your double row stitching on the belt is really cool..i may have to try that one of these days...

Eaglestroker, I started getting leery of using a press on my holsters, . . . afraid that one day I would pull that handle one time too many, . . . and be buying a broken gun or something to that effect.

I investigated the vacuum bag idea, . . . and I am sold. My whole setup cost just under $150 and these pics show the first one I did with it.

It is a modified Rhodesian style IWB, . . . and the detail is exactly what the vacuum bag did, . . . nothing added.

And, yes, . . . the retention is really great. It actually was too great when I first did it, . . . had to loosen it up a bit.

This one has some flaws in it, . . . so overlook them, . . . it was a "practice" piece to begin with, . . . testing the vacuum and the Rhodesian design.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-0-88177200-1361280311_thumb.jp

post-6728-0-49492600-1361280331_thumb.jp

Magnetic style.

Well done

somebody has been putting a lot of hours in at the work bench...great designs all around, execution is spot on...i like the less boned in look...i have been doing alot of exotics here lately, and i love not boning in a bunch of detail...i think it looks more like leather and less like plastic...its a very classic look...your double row stitching on the belt is really cool..i may have to try that one of these days...

Thanks for the compliments! It may not be main stream popular but I'm ok with a smaller market. I'm really liking the double stitched belts.

Eaglestroker, I started getting leery of using a press on my holsters, . . . afraid that one day I would pull that handle one time too many, . . . and be buying a broken gun or something to that effect.

I investigated the vacuum bag idea, . . . and I am sold. My whole setup cost just under $150 and these pics show the first one I did with it.

It is a modified Rhodesian style IWB, . . . and the detail is exactly what the vacuum bag did, . . . nothing added.

And, yes, . . . the retention is really great. It actually was too great when I first did it, . . . had to loosen it up a bit.

This one has some flaws in it, . . . so overlook them, . . . it was a "practice" piece to begin with, . . . testing the vacuum and the Rhodesian design.

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight, thanks for the words. I've got the set up in mind price out, it's just finding a place to put it that's my trouble. I'm out of workspace!

Magnetic style.

Well done

Thank you :thumbsup:

Great job Eagle. I love the style.