DaltonMasterson

Taurus Tracker 44 Mag Blue Gun Or Alternative?

I have a customer that wants a holster made for a Taurus Tracker model 44, 4" barrel. I do not have access to his firearm for this, and have the order depending on finding a blue gun or alternative.

What other model of blue gun would work for this? This will be a basic western style loop holster. Is there another model that is comparable enough for this?

I have lots Single Actions, but no big double actions. I also have a K frame Victory model S&W at home. Nothing I own is as big as the Taurus.

I want a dummy gun that will fulfill more than just this one need, as far as building a generic loop holster to fit a big double action.

Thanks,

DM

You need an N-frame Smith. 24/25/27/28/29 or any of hose with a 6 in front. There are others, and there are variations with a full underlug. I have gotten a few from Duncans that have worked nicely but own guns for a lot of the hard to find versions.

Perfect. I have K and J frames, so an N frame is just the ticket then. With this also cover Ruger Redhawks, and the Colt snake guns?

It may work for the Rugers, I don't trust it enough to advertise as such and don't offer services for Rugers if I don't own the gun and they aren't local.

The only snake gun I can think of that may have the larger frame is a 44 Mag Anaconda, never had a request to find out. The smaller Diamondback, Python, etc are more like the L-frame S&W which is 'basically' a K-frame with a full lug. In my experience the K frame fit is sloppy/loose in an L-frame holster so I do not interchange them. A lot of folks do. Lindells offers an aluminum 686 with 4" barrel which would cover 586/686/296/396/696 and any of the 45 ACP L-frame models. I'm sure I'm leaving out some, along with the Colt Python.