Hello,

I want to attempt to make my own show halter/surcingle, but I'm not sure where to order the brass accents from.

Here's a few images so you understand what I'm looking for.

dannyboystallions.jpg

IMG_6740.JPG

Brass buckles and clips I can find. Its the brass chain link that is shown here across the browband and and the sides of the stallion belt.

Hi Candiecode, I dont know where you live but the chain front & rosettes on the browband are available from Abbey England in the UK, I cant quite see whats on the edges of the roller from your picture but its possible they will also stock those too, the decorations in the centre look likethey could be "rein tips" but not 100% sure. If you have any problrms let me know & I'll see if I can help.

http://www.abbeyengland.com/

I have just looked at the website & you are right I couldnt find it either, I got my catalogue out they are deffinately in there so I typed flat front in the search & there it is. Why it isnt shown in the pages with the other fittings I dont know, heres the link to it

http://abbeyengland.com/Store/tabid/77/productid/68352/Default.aspx?txtSearch=flat+front

I havent bought those sort of fittings from Abbey, because I live relatively close I have always gone to the manufacturers, W Thacker, I have looked but couldnt find a website for them.

The chain fronts are pyramid fronts not flat fronts and the same chains are on the sides of circingle not shure whether Thackers make pyramid fronts they do make flat fronts in a range of widths in brass and nickel and I don't know whether they make them long for the circingle I've only used them on brow bands, they make every thing else that you want. Aaron Martins have pyramid chains with screw fittings which they sell by the ft haven't used them so don't know what the qualitys like, you could use clincher links instead of the chains, personally I much prefer chains.

Here's the Aaron Martin link http://www.aaronmartin.com/product.php?cat_id=1264&catview=162&submit=View I only get my machine needles and parts from there so don't know what their hard wares like but always had excellent service.

Thackers don't have a web site ill post their contact details tomorrow as I don't have my book with me at the moment,

they have a trade counter at the factory in Walsall England I usually pick my stuff up from there when in Walsall not so close

as Jax though so only go about once a year.

Thanx for putting me right on that Les :)

W Thacker & Sons Ltd

New St, Field Gate, Walsall, West Midlands. WS1 3DJ phone 01922 622302

Don’t be put off by the lack of web site they are a 200+ year old business they don’t have a minimum order and their knowledge and service are beyond reproach.

The chains look to be 3/4” the rosets 1’3/4” lead filled rope edge the piece on the top of the halter is a terret there should be one on the surcingle also although I can’t see it in the photo I mostly use bell terrets on heavy stallion sets and occasionally fly terrets you will be able to source something in the US, and you can get bell and fly terrets from Abbey.

Thanx for putting me right on that Les :)

Your welcome Jax always got time for anyone from the Black Country.

If you reside in a newer dwelling, it’s expected most of your fixtures — in the kitchen and bathing tubing tubing tub — are silver or chrome. But if you’re supplementing brass as an component, you don’t have to consign to altering everything out. “Mixing metals is attractive hot.