Anne Bonnys Locker

Pfaff 335-17B-H2L In Australia

Compound feed, cylinder bed machine. New 1425RPM 240V motor, new base, bobbin winder and thread stand.

I have cut a top out of an older one and there is a U shaped cutout to allow access for bulky items.

12 months warranty on new parts and six months warranty on machine head.

$1350 - currently listed on evilbay for $1495.

Darren Brosowski

0415 353 748

HI Darren, the 335 is a really good machine, you should get a good response when it becomes known you have one for sale. I've picked up a very rare Singer 6-10 to go with my 6-12 and looking for any manual or part manual therof. I have all the usual sources so it needs to be something someone has themselves. I also have an old Blake institcher (1878) and would like to find a manual for that too if anyone can spare a copy of one they have. Regards Steve

Hi Darren,

Is the motor a clutch or servo?

How much leather will it go through?

What size needles and thread does it use?

I have furniture leather to sew with. 1.6 mm thick maybe equates to 3-4 oz.

I have a Pfaff 362 and love it. It retired as a Textile and Design teaching machine in early 1970s

and I started my love affair with sewing back then.

But I've now just got hold of a bunch of furniture leather and

I want to sew "stuff" with it so I've just started on the hunt for a machine.

Currently looking at Techsew 2700 and CB227R.

G'day Cobber, Darren's Pfaff is ideal for leather furniture work, the compound feed makes life a lot easier than when I used to take on all kinds with a 99k. I haven't seen the machine, however Darren is a trained engineer and I know him personally, so you can be sure if he says its good then it is. On a slightly different tack for those interested in optional extras for the Pearson No 6, I now have original and replica tables, original bobbin winders, used but good shuttles and some replica Pearson rein rounders with matching needle plate. Regards Steve

Hi mate,

It is a clutch motor - 1425RPM fitted with a 50mm drive pulley. The original balance wheel had a very small diameter pulley and I have replaced this with a larger diameter one.

Upholstery leather is very soft so 5-6mm should not be an issue. I have been testing it with 4-5mm of harder leather.

The machine is set up to use DPX16 needles and maximum size on top is a 22g with #138. People sometimes run #207 through these machines but I stick with the more conservative suggestion.

Unfortunately the machine may be sold. The buyer has gone quiet but I will give him some more time to contact me.

Darren Brosowski

0415 353 748

Thanks, Darren but I'm after a servo machine.