I've been working with leather for about a year now, mostly making cuffs. I'm at a point where I'd like to start refining my craft so that I can market my work.

This is my first sheath, finished about a week ago. A buddy of mine started blacksmithing recently and made the knife. Since then I've done a lot of reading on here and have began to see my flaws in this project (edge finishing, dye consistency) but I would still appreciate critiques on it.

post-38818-0-34264400-1362283731_thumb.j

post-38818-0-14814000-1362283635_thumb.j

post-38818-0-39195000-1362283743_thumb.j

Love that design. Very nice, DLC!

Functional, well made and the esthetics conform to the type of knife. It looks great to me. Well done!

wow, looks great. can you show the back side as well? I am always looking for new ideas. I love the double stitching. I will post my first sheaths as soon as I can figure how to download them.

I like the way you molded the leather around part of the knife handle at the top. Interesting touch, and there's no doubt the sheath was custom made for that particular knife.