Hi guys

I am using the professional oil dyes from Fiebing. I like them, but i am also a little bit bored of the colours, so i decided to experiment with mixing some of the colours, but it seems like i am not very talented at it :)

Two Recipes that "kinda" worked were

3 parts light brown

1 parts green

--> olive green

3 parts light brown

1 part mahagony

--> a nice, reddish brown

I would love to get a recipe for some sort of grey, but every other recipe is fine as well. Please do note which kind of dye you are using (manufacturer, name, etc)

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Schpacko

For grey, I stumbled upon Royal Blue (Fiebing's pro oil) thinned with alcohol to about 25/75. I was surprised because I had never expected it.

Your reddish brown is a common one I do, but I use either light or dark brown and mix with red. A lot of times I just put it on blotchy and then wipe red over the top - gives it a cool cloudy texture. If you just want the true color, mix it up in a cup to taste. The color is commonly referred to as oxblood, but can span a lot of different shades from mahogany to cordovan or any other name you'd like to give it.

Grey I dilute fiebling black with denatured alcohol 80% DNA 20% dye and use my air brush

Grey I dilute fiebling black with denatured alcohol 80% DNA 20% dye and use my air brush

I never did try that with an airbrush. I tried brushing a similar mixture though and wasn't happy with the results. I'll try again next time I'm playing with colors.

I used Fiebings Pro Black and Pro Yellow to make the Olive.

Lots of Yellow and add small amounts of black to get the proper olive. Be careful. Too much black and you need to add A LOT more yellow to make good.

No Formula. Just been doing it by eye and test dye on veg.

Travis

I used Fiebings Pro Black and Pro Yellow to make the Olive.

Lots of Yellow and add small amounts of black to get the proper olive. Be careful. Too much black and you need to add A LOT more yellow to make good.

No Formula. Just been doing it by eye and test dye on veg.

Travis

Lol, been looking for an olive color recipe for those belts I do...totally forgot about those wallets you did.