I'm beganing to think it's me and not the camera. Gonna try and make some kind od photo box. Any ways the guy I gave the last one to just happens to be part owner in a hardware store and he wants more of these things. I just want to make enough to but more leather and tools. Got a real nice punch and a bunch of other stuff with the proceeds of the shopping bag sales. Heres the pics for what they are worth.

Tom

IMG_0004__6_.JPGIMG_0003__5_.JPG

IMG_0002__5_.JPG

post-6291-1219772028_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1219772118_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1219772153_thumb.jpg

I'm beganing to think it's me and not the camera. Gonna try and make some kind od photo box. Any ways the guy I gave the last one to just happens to be part owner in a hardware store and he wants more of these things. I just want to make enough to but more leather and tools. Got a real nice punch and a bunch of other stuff with the proceeds of the shopping bag sales. Heres the pics for what they are worth.

Tom

IMG_0004__6_.JPGIMG_0003__5_.JPG

IMG_0002__5_.JPG

Very nice!

As far as the photography goes, the lighting is all right, but the pics are blurry. A lightbox won't really help with that, if you're still shooting handheld. Try using a flash. If that washes things out, use a tripod. If you can't do that, at least try holding your breath while you snap the photo. It's kind of like sharpshooting -- the act of breathing will affect your aim. I don't think you need to go so far as to try to snap the picture between heartbeats, though... ;-)

Very nice!

As far as the photography goes, the lighting is all right, but the pics are blurry. A lightbox won't really help with that, if you're still shooting handheld. Try using a flash. If that washes things out, use a tripod. If you can't do that, at least try holding your breath while you snap the photo. It's kind of like sharpshooting -- the act of breathing will affect your aim. I don't think you need to go so far as to try to snap the picture between heartbeats, though... ;-)

Carr:

Use some sort of support that prevents movement= if you don't have a tripod or a monopod, use a box, a rock, a beanbag, a fencepost- anything that will prevent motion when you press the shutter button (and if the shutter button happens to be threaded for a cable release, all the better...).

Also, if you can go without flash or even use minimal fill flash, that won't blow out the details. Some of the pics look washed out from the flash blast, or perhaps they were shot in direct sunlight.

Cloudy bright is best natural light with which to shoot, because you won't have hot spots and the light will be very even; if you can't shut off the flash, drape 1 or 2 layers of a white hanky over the flash to diffuse the blast.

Just keep in mind, that the camera's meter (at least, in the film cameras- I don't know about digital...) is programmed to read something called 'average grey'. It is also a reflected light meter, rather than an incident light meter. What 'average grey' is what you would get if you could put all the tones in a scene (light, dark, colors, intermediate shades, etc) into a blender & turn the result into black & white. Pour that out onto a pan & you have 'average grey'. The camera's meter is stupid: VERY stupid... it will read things in shadow as: 'average grey'; it will read a brilliant white snow scene as: 'average grey'; it will read a cloudy, dull, flat snow scene as: 'average grey'. None of these are truly 'average grey', but the meter is, as I said, VERY stupid. The result is that NONE of the resultant pictures will be properly exposed- snow scenes taken with a film camera tend to be dark & dreary & have a bluish cast to them. To get a proper exposure with a film camera, you would need to use an incident light meter (which measures the light falling ON to the scene, rather than the light reflected OFF the subjects, as in a reflected light meter= the same kind that is in a film camera).

If you have a shiny finish, it's much harder to shoot than if there is no finish, or a matte, flat finish.

russ

Edited by whinewine

Hey car52!

I think the problem lies in the type of camera you are using. If it is an autofocus with one non-replaceable lens, then you are getting closer to your subject than the camera can focus. If you look at the third photo, you will see that the leaves in the background are in focus, so it is not camera movement that's causing the problem. If your camera has a "Close-up" setting (Usually denoted by a single flower) give that a try.

Mike

Hey car52!

I think the problem lies in the type of camera you are using. If it is an autofocus with one non-replaceable lens, then you are getting closer to your subject than the camera can focus. If you look at the third photo, you will see that the leaves in the background are in focus, so it is not camera movement that's causing the problem. If your camera has a "Close-up" setting (Usually denoted by a single flower) give that a try.

Mike

Hey, that's true. I missed that! Good eye!

Hey car52!

Mike

I looked at the photos again and now I can see the leaves are in better focus. The camera does have a little flower on it next to the lens. I'll turn it to that and keep trying. Already delivered the 2 plier holders but the guy wants 2 more so I'll put these in the same place and try it on them. Only he wants spring belt clips on them this time. Thanks again for you advice everyone I need all the help I can get.

Tom

Tom

I looked at the photos again and now I can see the leaves are in better focus. The camera does have a little flower on it next to the lens. I'll turn it to that and keep trying. Already delivered the 2 plier holders but the guy wants 2 more so I'll put these in the same place and try it on them. Only he wants spring belt clips on them this time. Thanks again for you advice everyone I need all the help I can get.

Tom

Tom

The first one is with the lens turned to the little flower and the second one isn't. Thanks guys.

Tom

IMG_0001.JPGIMG_0002__7_.JPG

post-6291-1219928259_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1219928355_thumb.jpg