El Zipster

Hi Everybody

Hi Everybody,

Just a quick line to introduce myself. I'm taking early retirement at the end of this month and moving from the UK to Spain. I reckon with loads of time on my hands i'm gonna enjoy learning all I can about this fascinating craft. I'm a total noob so please forgive me if I ask stupid questions from time to time.

Hope to get to know a few of you as time goes by out there on the forums. ;)

Cheers

Zip

welcome to the site! As you get settled, let us know what type of leather work you're most interested in, and we'll try to answer your questions.

Welcome! And the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Welcome to the forum. Hope the move goes well. There is a Chinese proverb that goes a little like : Ask a question and be ignorant for a moment, or don't ask and be ignorant for life.... Ive asked many questions here and everyone has been so helpful. Enjoy.

Thank you All for your warm welcome! I've been busy over the last few days researching tools etc for this rather fascinating craft. Tools have now been ordered, boxes are all packed for the move, and the removal men come tomorrow to haul our personal effects. We alas, don't go until the 10th of next month, but hey, that'll pass quick enough I reckon :-)

And then the challenge begins!!

I'm gonna start on the fundamentals and concentrate on stitching and cutting practice to start with. After that I think a worthy project will be to make the scabbard for my Leather Work Knife, beyond that i've a few ideas for first projects. Standby Chaps, the questions are gonna come thick and fast LOL

Cheers

Zip