Hi there.

Not a leather worker or anything, but I want to make a wallet like this one.

So being a newbie and the fact that my country sucks, big time, I'm buying sewing thread online.

I've got some leather (is artificial / an imitation how do you call it) not so thick like this one but I want the

hand stitching that I would make to stand out like the one on the picture.

So the question is, would size #207 (Tex 210) would be thick enough for what I need,

or maybe #277 may be better?

I have no idea how big these threads look, because there is no shop in our country that sells them.

Thank You.

6201abefae5c9ca55d3b34b7ed8c3e10.jpg

I don't know much about thread, but I do know that #207 is pretty hardy stuff and normally used on heavy weight leathers. I'll defer to the people who are a lot more experienced with thread for something that would suit your material better.

I am no expert, but that there looks like 207.....you can also try the linen or waxed cord and it would probably look better and be easier. JMHO

thread size should be relative to the stitch size IMO

Thank you all.

Smaller thread may suit better, but I really want the stitching to stand out.

About the waxed cord I've only heard of it that the leather balls (football) are sewn with that one.

Again I have no idea how soft or stiff the waxed cord is, but I know that I don't want it too stiff

so I don't pull much on the thread/cord and wrap the leather (if I'm making any sense).

I've found this one, with a reasonable shipping price to where I live, but I'm confused about the size.

.040" does that means 0.4 of an inch or 1mm in diameter? That should be enough right?

http://www.mainethre...product178.html

Btw, I'll adjust the stitch size once I've got the thread. Will do a few practice runs. ;)

Cheers.

Edited by RoyOBannon

.040" = .040 of an inch in diameter or 1.01mm

hope that helps