J Hayes

Ferdco Pro 2000 Manual?

Anybody have a Ferdco Pro 2000 manual, not a Juki one but a later version built on a clone. Did Ferdco do their own manual? My friend has a Juki Pro 2000 he got new from Ferdco that came with a Juki manual, I'm just curious if when Ferdco started with the Taiwan castings if they produced their own manual.

Thanks

Jeremy

I bought a new Ferdco Pro 2000 about 20 years ago and it was a Juki manual that came with it too. Can anybody tell me what happened to Ferdco? Where can we get parts and service for this machine now? I was buying Dacron Polyester thread from them (346 and 277) in a tan color that looks good on saddlery. Does anybody know where I can get this thread now?

Thanks.

Reg

I have Ferdco and pretty sure I have a manual that they wrote. I'll check tonight when I get home. I haven't found an exact match for the "peasant" thread they had, my favorite color. I haven't looked all that hard yet though, still working off spools I had stockpiled.

I bought a new Ferdco Pro 2000 about 20 years ago and it was a Juki manual that came with it too. Can anybody tell me what happened to Ferdco? Where can we get parts and service for this machine now? I was buying Dacron Polyester thread from them (346 and 277) in a tan color that looks good on saddlery. Does anybody know where I can get this thread now?

Thanks.

Reg

Ferdco closed up shop recently.

Thread, parts and accessories for the Pro 2000 are available from any of the dealers who advertise on this website.

You can get the thread here the phone number is on the page.http://www.ferdco.com/content.php?page_id=27 I ordered some thread from this guy, seems like a nice guy and got order out quick. They don't call it pheasant anymore or the last i got from Ferdco wasn't called that it was Leghorn color. It looks to be the same color to me.

Thanks lots to you all for the information.

Reg

I'm looking for some specs on the needle bar. Height off the standard plate at its lowest point and highest point which will give me the stroke distance of the needle bar. I assume its set up for the 794 needle.

Thanks

Jeremy

Jeremy,

I use 794 needles in mine. The manual is mainly setup and parts with no operating or adjustment specs. Eyeballing mine with a ruler the top of the stroke is 3-1/4" and lowest point is 1-1/16".

Jeremy,

I use 794 needles in mine. The manual is mainly setup and parts with no operating or adjustment specs. Eyeballing mine with a ruler the top of the stroke is 3-1/4" and lowest point is 1-1/16".

Bruce,

Thank you! Mine is 3/4" and 3 1/2", I wonder why.

Jeremy

Edited by J Hayes