Well, this is my first and second holsters.

I have no idea how functional these holsters are, I made them from a old Stohlman template I had. I did draw the carving patterns and I'm pretty happy with the carvings and coloring. The rose holster unfortuatly have some errors in the leather and will stay in the "boo-boo" pile.

Very nice holsters, Tina! I think you'd have to beat back the bidders with a stick if you showed up at a SASS meeting with those.- errors or not- (which isn't real evident by the way)

Hi Tina,

It's great to see you back to working on projects. Nice job on your first holsters. I dont know much about the functionality of holsters either, but they sure are pretty. Something about the second pattern I really like, but not sure what it is. I also like the added touches, like the border on the second one and I REALLY like the lacing on the back. Even the way you signed them is neat. Hmmmm, Freak has a fan club, maybe you need one too.

All I can say Tina is that I think they are beautiful. Love the lace work. I want to learn to do that.

Tom

:gun: "purdy" :gun: ...if that one is going in the boo boo pile...you can send that boo boo to me...and i'll put'er on the wall ;)

darryl

Very , very nice Tina !!!

and will stay in the "boo-boo" pile.

I wouldn't want you to have to be reminded of any such boo-boo or any others you might have in that pile .

SO go ahead and just send the whole pile to me . :thumbsup:

Holy Cow...Thanks all people:-)

You all make me laugh out so loud my hubby wonder "what going on" :rofl:

The booboo (roses) I did pick a piece of the leather that was very poorly and when I carved the outer border line it split open. It really don't show in the picture. I discovered it totally when I laced the edges. Well, I finished it up and at least it's good for taking photos:-)

I'm going to make a few more eventually in other styles, this was fun:-)

TwinOaks...I'm happy to have hubby around to explain SASS, now I know where to go:-) For now I'm just building up a portfolio.

ClayB...I saw on the first one that it was really empthy at the back and "what to do?) Well a braid is always decorative, fast and easy to do. I'm experimenting with the signature, I saw someone here signing with finesse and "Ahh, that could work" sort of:-) It'll take many more tryouts before this one is where I want it to be.

Tom...This is the very sloooow Mexican basket weave braid (I've heard other names too) If you go into the braiding section I know there's a link to some tutorials there. It is actually very simple, just takes loads of lacing and time.

Darryl and Freak...You both crack up a huge smile here, great Thanks for that:-) Usually I save all booboo's, They will remind you of What NOT to do ever again. You should see my painting booboo pile, very useful.

Dang Tina, you make me feel like I should throw my tools away and give up! Beautiful job. The lacing adds a great touch to it.

ArtS

Gorgeous Tina!! :clapping:

Braiding looks great, as do the the tooling as usual and the applique braid adds a nice touch to it.

Seems like you been bitten by the braiding bug aswell :clapping:

Tom

Thank You Kate, very nice of you:-)

Don't hang up your tools, just get even Art:-) Great Thanks for your comment, It encurrage me to get forward.

Bitten Tom??? Someone tock a huge bite :-) Naw...I just see that it is something I need to do sometimes to make stuff look nice.

OK, I want to be the first member of the Tina fan club!

I may have to sabotage their car though, cuz if she brings the booboo to IFOLG, it's good enough for best of category (she's in OPEN y'all!). If the "good" one shows up, it's DEFINITELY best of category.

Damn, I'd really hoped my new holster would win sumpin! Now it's likely to go home with nary a second glance.

Would you PLEASE compete in advanced?? Give the rest of us poor schleps a chance!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Brent

OK, I want to be the first member of the Tina fan club!

I may have to sabotage their car though, cuz if she brings the booboo to IFOLG, it's good enough for best of category (she's in OPEN y'all!). If the "good" one shows up, it's DEFINITELY best of category.

Damn, I'd really hoped my new holster would win sumpin! Now it's likely to go home with nary a second glance.

Would you PLEASE compete in advanced?? Give the rest of us poor schleps a chance!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Brent

Thanks Brent, You cracked up a huge laughter here and I always admire people that can make you laugh, a gift:-)

Art, Howard, everyone else........ There has been a Tina Fan Club since January 6th 2008....

I am the President and founder....

Tina, great work as usual.

This is something I would be proud to own and use.

Holy cow...I have a fan club??? *blushing and bowing*:-)

Thanks Wolvie, as usual I'm just hoping to do "the same but different" if that makes sence:-)

Thank you bobocat for your kind words. I hope that I can make things as beautiful as yours in time:-)