Here is my test piece for a holster I am working on for a Desert Eagle. I always run a test piece before I dig into the holster. This stupid thing took me about 8 hours from block sketch to finished. There are some subleties that dont show up with my junky camera. I am going to fix a few things I didnt love on the test. I used a ton of knowledge I gained here. Thanks everyone

Alex

100_2578sm.jpg

100_2591sm.jpg

Very cool- I like the background, and composition of the "Punisher" character. Looking forward to the holster.

That looks pretty bad to the bone.

What backgrounder did you use? Looks fantastic!

What backgrounder did you use? Looks fantastic!

It was the A104. Im looking into some other background tools and am thinking about trying the e294 but am afraid. For 6 bucks I think I will give it a shot

I was waiting to see the results and at the risk of a hijack here is one I just finished for a pal on the Canadain Airgun Forum. Is your done?

post-33620-0-27378100-1387598439_thumb.j

post-33620-0-10446100-1387598458_thumb.j

I was waiting to see the results and at the risk of a hijack here is one I just finished for a pal on the Canadain Airgun Forum. Is your done?

Awesome! Did you sand the white after applying it. I cant tell from the pic but it looks aged which is very cool. Here is the project. Damned thing had a compensator and a lazer. Construction was 1 layer of 9-10 oz glued rough to rough with a piece of 4 oz. It was a heavy gun!

0003.jpg

0005.jpg

0006.jpg

Punishers had become a popular request !! Guy had a pair of these guns and wanted right and left holsters. I would like to see him out and about with these on his hip :)

We do have open carry here

0006.jpg

0008.jpg

Very cool! Thanks for posting the pics, Alex..

Boriqua,

yours project both turned out amazing and yes it would be a heavy unit with all that tactical on it!

figure look amazing as does the finish. What was your finish process, products?

my skull actaully turned out like that by accident as I was rushing to get it out and skimped on the blocker layers and dry time..black bled into white and then I used my wheel buffer too hard and ended up with three layers, grain, white and black and soem shade sin betwen...liked it and kept it..A happy accidident. That is why i never loose heart along the way through as project when things seem to be going "wrong".

Mine is only 8 oz singel layer as it is an airgun for recreational occassional use. No need to beef it up anymore like you had to.

Edited by specialcases