edd

Greetings From Uk

Hello everyone.

I've been reading this forum back to front for a while now and have been amazed at how much members with more experience are happy to share their knowledge with newcomers . It seems like a really friendly community and lots of people willing to help each other out.

I made a collar a few months ago for my pointer and have been hooked since. I just ordered a few nice Blanchard tools while working in France so I'm looking forward to starting some new projects and hopefully improving my stitching. Lots to learn!

Thanks to all that contribute!

Cheers, Edd

Welcome to the Forum. There is, quite literally, a world of information and advice to be found here. Plunge in and enjoy!

Welcome! I am also living in Paris and am ready to start my leather hobby! Can anyone recommend some stores or online shops to order leather/leather tools like Tandy? Or does anyone have info regarding Tandy shipping to France? Thanks

Hi, Edd and welcome to the forums!

If you don't really feel like waiting for a reply you can always pop into the chat, there's usually someone there who'll help answer questions, or find the answers for you.

~Rae.

G'Day ,and G'day to mcjerjer, from Western Australia

You'll have to be careful about starting your new leather hobby, it can be very addictive,

and once you've been bitten by the leather craft bug, there is no antidote and no cure. :)

My leatherwork started out as a hobby, and now, 9 years later, its a full time 7 day per week business.

If you ever get stuck on anything, there are many people on here that are more than happy to help,

and there is no such thing as a 'silly question' .

Good luck with your new hobby :) .

HS :cowboy:

Welcome Edd from a fellow Brit :)

Hi Edd, Welcome from Herefordshire! This forum has been a Godsend, so many helpful folk here.

And welcome from Liverpool!

Ah nice one, thanks everyone for all the welcoming messages! I have to put my laptop out of sight when I'm at home now or I'm on here every 5 minutes reading as much as possible.

Welcome! I am also living in Paris and am ready to start my leather hobby! Can anyone recommend some stores or online shops to order leather/leather tools like Tandy? Or does anyone have info regarding Tandy shipping to France? Thanks

I've never ordered from tandy but i believe you can order from www.tandyleather.eu. Try googling 'cuir peau'; there seem to be quite a few places you can order from. Here are some; I haven't checked them out yet:

http://stockcuir.fr

http://www.lamaisonducuir.com/

http://www.cuirenstock.com/