MADMAX22

Holster with stingray inlay

Well I posted it in critique my work but figured I would toss it down here also.

My first holster and first inlay attempt and man didnt realize how hard a holster could be. The inlay was relatively easy once I got it going but the holster itself seemed to fight me till the end lol.

Learned alot on this one. Got a long ways to go. It looks good from the front though, the back is pretty rough as I had a heck of a time lining up the stitching and such. Broke a few needles, cut the thread a couple of times. The gun fits very snug though and isnt going anywhere so thats a plus.

resized_holster_1.jpg

resized_holster_3.jpg

resized_holster_2.jpg

post-5781-1220782936_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1220782945_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1220782962_thumb.jpg

That was a pretty big task to undertake for a first time holster! After that, I imagine a normal model might seem a lot easier. Dave at DC Knives does quite a few inlays. I'll bet he could offer some really good tips on how to make that process easier if you decide to try some more inlays.

Thanks, actually I think it was Dave that helped many of us out on a thread I posted in the how too on doing inlays. His advice was the only reason it turned out the way it did, could have been far worse lol.

I don't do many inlays, but I'm getting ready to do one or two with some stingray soon. One of them will be fairly bizarre (but you give the customer what they want, right?), so I'll be sure to post some pics. You'll probably get a good chuckle out of them....

Thats cool, should be interesting, Hey the weirder the better because it leads to other ideas we may not have thought of yet.

On mine I first attempted to run the stingray strip all the way up to where it snaps. Thought that would be cool until I tried doing it. That first attempt was killed very quicky. This was the second inlay attempt and worked out much better for me.

Would like to see some pics when you get it all done. Good luck

Thanks Srigs, thats the girls gun actually, I have the standard MP40, love it. I want the MP45C just dont have the cash for it yet. May have to get a 40C for carry, the standard is just a little too big. Great guns though.