Glendon

Considering A Shop Press Clicker Setup, Hoping For Some Advice

Hi there,

We are rolling out a arbor press with temperature control this month which you might be interested in. The price range will be $600-800 including the stamp and/or cutting die. I'll keep you guys updated once I've fully tested the system!

I think that if I was going to modify a hydraulic shop press into a clicker from Harbor Freight , I would spend the 140 bucks for 20 ton, then you can click larger or multible items with it. Because a hydraulic press makes a slow clicker, clicking multible items at the same time would help with the speed. -- Tex

Tex, I would agree 100%. I went with the 6 ton bench top because of specific space and budget restrictions, and the fact that this is a test run for me. If I end up using the smal one as much as I think I will, I plan to go to a 20 ton.

Tex, I would agree 100%. I went with the 6 ton bench top because of specific space and budget restrictions, and the fact that this is a test run for me. If I end up using the smal one as much as I think I will, I plan to go to a 20 ton.

.....and since I'm not gonna be mass producing stuff, 6 ton will be plenty for punching out as needed small pieces, like I have in mind.

This is exactly the information I needed! Thanks everyone. I'm thinking of going for the 6 ton. The only thing that concerns me is the 10.5" space. My wallet backs are 8-7/8" wide, so I the press will be able to accommodate that.

Now to find a metalwork shop. In Chicago that shouldn't be too hard.

Remimber that 10-1/2" limit is only on one side. You could easily get your cutting pad and metal plates cut to 10" x 20" to acomidate that one larger part you need. I have not tested it, but I'm pretty sure a 6 ton press could handle pushing a die that size as long as you don't need to do it with realy thick leather.

I assume your wallet backs are 8-7/8" by 3" or 4" something. Just cut them long side out and you should be perfectly fine.