I would like to thank all the members on this forum for posting all the helpful information. Thank You!

Well this is my first attempt at making holsters. Do you think I did okay?

20130611_142842.jpg

20130611_142833.jpg

20130611_142853.jpg

Edited by Wattspd

Looks good! Good job.

Hi Wattspd - I think it looks great! How does it carry? It looks like it rides a tad high to me, but if you're a really skinny guy, it's probably just fine. I'm impressed you incorporated a stitched sight channel on your first holster! The only real comment I have would be to work on smoothing (rounding) out the sharp corners to reduce snags, and for a more smooth, flowing design. Otherwise, I think you did a fantastic job on your first holster! It's 10x better than my first attempt. :)

Hi Wattspd - I think it looks great! How does it carry? It looks like it rides a tad high to me, but if you're a really skinny guy, it's probably just fine. I'm impressed you incorporated a stitched sight channel on your first holster! The only real comment I have would be to work on smoothing (rounding) out the sharp corners to reduce snags, and for a more smooth, flowing design. Otherwise, I think you did a fantastic job on your first holster! It's 10x better than my first attempt. :)

Thank you for the kind words and advise guys. It carries very nice for me and without a doubt it's a high ride holster (Might be top heavy for some). The hardest part for me is to conceal a full size 1911 without a big jacket. On all the holsters I bought at a store the barrel sticks out about an inch from bottom of my shirt and I am always tugging at my shirt.

I wanted three things out of this first holster. 1. Zero cant of the gun (I personally don't like a holster that cants way forward). 2. A clean appearance of the holster and firearm ( meaning if in uniform all you see is the front of the holster no belt loops) 3. Concealable with a button shirt if necessary.

I am a slender guy and hiding a full size sidearm outside the waist holster makes things tricky. It keeps the firearm very close to my body and hides the butt perfect if I carry it a 8 o'clock.

I will work on smoothing out the next holster and make it flow better. Thanks again for the advise.

Edited by Wattspd