I had a customer approach me about a tooled rig for his Glock 27. He wanted the belt double stitched and tooled with a rough out interior, and black edges. If that weren't specific enough he didn't want an acrylic finish on it. I met him half way on the last one with an application off Bee Naturals Sheridan/RTC finish and a buff/polish of wax. I'm not much for tupperware but I sure do like how this one turned out.

post-19170-0-58038200-1372607741_thumb.j

post-19170-0-73367600-1372607742_thumb.j

post-19170-0-96128800-1372607743_thumb.j

That looks great man. Would you mind sharing how you wet mold your holsters without "pushing out" your stamping?

Love it...your stamping/tooling and stitching look great on that belt!!

That looks great man. Would you mind sharing how you wet mold your holsters without "pushing out" your stamping?

The biggest thing I ever did for my tooling was buying a proper maul and finding a marble slab. Once I did those things I didn't have the 'push out' issue anymore. The more times you wet the holster the more definition you'll loose. If you notice in the main stress lines it still presses it out but it's just not as noticeable.

Love it...your stamping/tooling and stitching look great on that belt!!

Thanks! I was worried about stuffing that much stitching ( I usually make all of my tooled belts single) but it came out beautiful to my eye.

Eagle

What maul has helped you so much? Not sure how you keep the tooling from washing out during forming, I have gone to putting tooling on a separate panel because mine washout so bad. Looks great as usual.

Great work. That belt is killer!!!!

Thank you very much!

Very nice rig! :thumbsup:

Eagle

What maul has helped you so much? Not sure how you keep the tooling from washing out during forming, I have gone to putting tooling on a separate panel because mine washout so bad. Looks great as usual.

Hi D, I'd say the single biggest factor was not the maul but the hitting surface. It's a piece of marble 24" x 24" and 2" thick. I use a 20 oz Barry King. They say that's overkill for stamping but I wanted a one size fits all. That in itself could be the difference? I'd love to have a Bear Maul but it isn't in the cards.

I had the same question some time ago. I can't recall who (maybe Dwight) suggested I only wet the inside of the holster - using a damp rag or sponge. It takes a little more time instead of just wetting the entire holster, but I've found it works very well for me. Good luck.

I had the same question some time ago. I can't recall who (maybe Dwight) suggested I only wet the inside of the holster - using a damp rag or sponge. It takes a little more time instead of just wetting the entire holster, but I've found it works very well for me. Good luck.

I never even thought of that! I will give that a try, Thanks!