Boy, when you guys say that you have to use it or you use it, it is the truth. I have been away from this for a couple of months and my carving, tooling and stamping have really suffered. However, the cover is still usable so I thought I would post it. Originally it was made with chrome tanned leather but was too flimsy, so I used that for the insert with a veggie tanned cover. This was my first attempt at double lacing and I really need to figure out how to finish off better. Also my first try with fiebings anique paste.

post-26880-0-01397500-1372870992_thumb.j

post-26880-0-23967300-1372871004_thumb.j

post-26880-0-27115000-1372871019_thumb.j

That's still heaps and bounds over what I could carve. Good work! Llve the slight bit of texture tou added around the carving too. Love the touch the lacing adds.

Thanks, Sugar Lady.

I'd like to see it opened :) I have a Kobo Touch, they are great aren't they?

I'd like to see it opened :) I have a Kobo Touch, they are great aren't they?

Yes, they are. I had a Sony ereader before but it bit the dust. This is really light and compact, if I choose to use it without the case. If I had to do the cover again, I would have been more careful about sizing the insert and the cover . As it is, the insert is a tad short in some areas. But since I contact cemented the layers together, it should hold up. So in all its imperfect glory, here is a pic of the inside.

post-26880-0-43258000-1373035225_thumb.j

That looks great! When I did my cover I went for a notepad style - 'hinged' at the top - so I could set it on the table and read, but I quite like the thought of doing a 'book' style cover.