AMMO

Lure Wrap

Got a request for a lure wrap from a fisherman friend. They are used to wrap around your fishing rod and lure so that the hooks on the lure don't snag on your clothes or other items while you're transporting it.

post-28258-0-19436800-1374589623_thumb.j

post-28258-0-53848400-1374589628_thumb.j

post-28258-0-35407700-1374589636_thumb.j

Clever! Love the skeletal fish on this, and the texturing. What finish did you use on the inside of this? Something to slick and seal to keep a damp hook from discoloring the lather?

I could have used a couple of those when I was helping some kids fish this summer. One came over to watch me put split weights on another's line, and hadn't secured his lure. I didn't see him until he snagged my ear. We had a impromptu refresher lesson on hook safety as soon as I worked the barb free. :blink: Before I go fishing again, I think I'll have a couple of those made up and handy.

Clever! Love the skeletal fish on this, and the texturing. What finish did you use on the inside of this? Something to slick and seal to keep a damp hook from discoloring the lather?

I could have used a couple of those when I was helping some kids fish this summer. One came over to watch me put split weights on another's line, and hadn't secured his lure. I didn't see him until he snagged my ear. We had a impromptu refresher lesson on hook safety as soon as I worked the barb free. :blink: Before I go fishing again, I think I'll have a couple of those made up and handy.

I didn't ponder the inside too much. I just put a layer of pigskin as a liner, dyed it tan and hit it with a couple of coats of super sheen to give it some sort of protection. Of course, I'm more of the school that the more the piece is messed with, and the more use it gets, the better it looks. On a positive note, you got a free ear piercing.