xilli007

Built In Bobbin Winder

Does somebody know how the built-in bobbin winder on the Seiko CH series works (CH8B to be specific)? I have tried a couple of different things but I don't seem to get good tensioning nor getting the thread to wind evenly around the bobbin.

At the moment I use the first tensioning screw, than through the metal loop and then directly on the bobbin but it doesn't spread the thread like this and the winder doesn't turn very well....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I couldn't find a very good picture but i think if take the screw out that's holding the winder you will find it has a wheel with a tire on it. You made need a new tire or just need to clean that one off.

Can you post a pic of the way your threading it?

I sort of cleaned the inside wheel a bit and it seems to catch a bit better. I still have problems with the thread spreading evenly over the bobbin... I know this threading probably looks really funny to some of you but it seems the only way to get the right tensioning on there :P

Thanks again !

post-29275-0-12785000-1374784667_thumb.j

post-29275-0-38760600-1374784688_thumb.j

You need a front thread guide with a adjustable position. You can buy or make one. Look at the video of the Cowboy machine, it has thread guide that can adjust how the bobbin winds. Without it you can use your finger as a guide. However with out a consistently woven bobbin your machine will not sew right

Tor

Thanks Tor! I thought I needed something like that but I assumed everything was there and there was going to be a special method or something I wasn't aware of.

Thanks!