Sign in to follow this  
Steve Brewer

Cheap saddle trees

I had a youth saddle order that I thought production tree, would work on.I got it,The horn cap was 3/8s smaller than i ordered.So this morning was spent putting a new cap on it.Could have sent it back but fixed it myself.Kind of ate up any savings I had in the tree.After 35 yrs. I should have known better.Buy a Quality Product and you will be money ahead.

Steve

I had a youth saddle order that I thought production tree, would work on.I got it,The horn cap was 3/8s smaller than i ordered.So this morning was spent putting a new cap on it.Could have sent it back but fixed it myself.Kind of ate up any savings I had in the tree.After 35 yrs. I should have known better.Buy a Quality Product and you will be money ahead.

Steve

Steve,

I'm all with you on this point. I tried what most would argue to be the two "top" production tree makers. One group sent me a tree (the last one I ordered from them) that I would have been ashamed to send someone- very uneven on the bars, the rawhide was sticking out from the tree 1/4" behind the cantle on one bar, etc. The other company treated me over the phone like they're doing ME a favor by building me a tree???? I will spare the details here, tactfully. I like dealing with Rick Reed for my trees. Rick's not only a true professional at his work, he's the kind of person you can talk to and he treats people using the good old "golden rule" that many, many folks no longer go by today. I'm thankful to have hooked up with Rick through Steve Mecum. It seems that lots of companies will send you a good product, the first few times, then start sending you lower quality stuff.