JET4

Artisan 618-1Sc Value

Hi all,

I found a local shop that is selling an used Artian 618-1SC. The listing says that it is about 5 years old and is newly refurbished, whatever that means.

I have a few questions

1. What is a fair offer for this machine? He told me that it was $1800 new and he would sell it for $950.

2. I am wanting a second machine for lighter stuff (wallets, etc) that will complimnent my Class 4. Will this machine fit the bill?

Thanks in Advance

JET

DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT the sewing machine guy, and I don't own a Cobra machine.

I think the Artisan is older than 5 years, though that may be long as that guy has had it. Don't see many of those around here, but it's comparable to the Consew 206, which can be had for $700 (ish). I paid $950 for the whole set-up, complete with manual, thread stand, lamp, half a dozen pounds of thread in a couple sizes I would use, about 70-80 needles in a few different sizes , etc .... including brought to my house and set in place.

I'm admittedly cheap, but unless he's offering all of that, on a machine that sews well and looks good, and is taking about $700 ...

I'd probably just get the Cobra 18, which is the same type deal, comes NEW with everything you need, and belongs to the same guy you got the other one from. That also comes with a $1600 price tag, and some shiping I'd guess, so there's that. I don't know those boys at Leather Machine, but seems like there's osmething to be said for ONE guy to deal with if you have problems of need supplies, ASSUMINg that you're happy with the Class4.

Hi all,

I found a local shop that is selling an used Artian 618-1SC. The listing says that it is about 5 years old and is newly refurbished, whatever that means.

I have a few questions

1. What is a fair offer for this machine? He told me that it was $1800 new and he would sell it for $950.

2. I am wanting a second machine for lighter stuff (wallets, etc) that will complimnent my Class 4. Will this machine fit the bill?

Thanks in Advance

JET

Jet

I picked up one of these machines "used" last year for $800 off of Craigslist. It was in like new condition with a servo motor. It has no problems punching through multiple layers of nylon webbing and Cordura. The lady I purchased it from said that she paid $1,800 new for it at the local sew shop.

It appears to be the same machine as the Reliable msk-8600b. That will give you comparison pricing on a new machine.

It is a very nice machine.

Scott

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking I might offer him $750-$800 right before he moves his shop at the end of the month. This isn't a must have for me, just on the "happen upon it at the right price" item.