Lady Wade

Sorry,

I had to learn how to attach pictures.

Tim

Wade_Saddle_comp_2.JPGWade_Saddle_comp_3.JPG

post-6269-1221977420_thumb.jpg

post-6269-1221977524_thumb.jpg

I hate new computers,

Thanks for your patience. This is my first Wade so be ruthless.

TimWade_Saddle_3_007_resize.JPGWade_Saddle_resize_2.JPG

post-6269-1222016582_thumb.jpg

post-6269-1222017009_thumb.jpg

I hate new computers,

Thanks for your patience. This is my first Wade so be ruthless.

TimWade_Saddle_3_007_resize.JPGWade_Saddle_resize_2.JPG

looks good from what I can see! You may try loading a larger picture into your favorite photo website like flickr and then using the insert image button (second row of buttons on the post page 7 buttons over) to insert the url for the picture, it will resize them if needed but will show a much larger picture so we can see the saddle better! If that didn't make since send me a private message and I will try to explain it better. Looks like you did a great job though!!

Brad

Hi Tim,

I don't know a whole lot about saddle construction, so I'm not qualified to critique it. But, I think one reason you're not getting many hits on it is that the pics are too small to see much detail. Even 'blown up', when the thumbnail is clicked, it's a pretty small pic. If you can, repost the pics in a larger size. 800x600 is kinda the standard size for forum postings ( not just here) and would lend much greater detail for people to see.

Well, you have a starting point to work from. A couple of things I notice right off is the fenders are not turned. You want to wet them and turn them, let them dry, before you oil them. Also, I really do not like the breastcollar rings coming out from under the fork cover, you can mount them under you latigo catcher or have them come out from under the seat. Also, it appears you horn wrap is backward for a right handed roper, wrap your horns clockwise so the wrap will tighten when dallied on, not come unwrapped. Also, there should be an ear on your seat under the cheyenne roll for the concho to be placed look at Jon's saddle or jump on my website and you will see what I am talking about. You are on the right track though, keep building them.

Well, you have a starting point to work from. A couple of things I notice right off is the fenders are not turned. You want to wet them and turn them, let them dry, before you oil them. Also, I really do not like the breastcollar rings coming out from under the fork cover, you can mount them under you latigo catcher or have them come out from under the seat. Also, it appears you horn wrap is backward for a right handed roper, wrap your horns clockwise so the wrap will tighten when dallied on, not come unwrapped. Also, there should be an ear on your seat under the cheyenne roll for the concho to be placed look at Jon's saddle or jump on my website and you will see what I am talking about. You are on the right track though, keep building them.

Brian,

Went to your website and it was very impressive. The breastcollar rings were the customers idea and she is left handed. After looking at your work I feel preety good about my first effort at a Wade. In my store here in central Texas I have customers that have never seen one before.

Thank You for your for your advice

Tim