mlapaglia

Preval Sprayer Help

I have to make a pink holster and Im going to use Angelus acrylic paint with a Preval Sprayer. How much should I thin the pain down and is water ok to thin it with.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Michael

Not much help here, I tried those things a few years ago, thinned, not thinned, just couldn't get the thing to work.

Had a spare and tried it and that wouldn't work either.

Now I just use a gravity fed gun.

I've only usd them for touch up jobs that don't require much other than a very quick flash of spray. i use a small body paint compressor and spray gun, by far a much better spray and finish

I've only usd them for touch up jobs that don't require much other than a very quick flash of spray. i use a small body paint compressor and spray gun, by far a much better spray and finish

This is probably the only holster Ill have to do with acrylic paint. Hopefully. I really need to know how much to thin the paint down. When you used yours how much did you thin it?

its really difficult to say, i dont know quantities, basically, i thin till it just passes through a 125 micron filter, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/261216802865?lpid=83&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=83 like these. no blockages, other wise i am forever cursing and cleaning, same goes for the mini sprayer...... don't know if this is helpful but hope so

al

to add, too much thining and it gets blobby, and uneven.......and very weak

Thanks guys. I just called Preval and they say thin it 3:2 Paint to water. Also remove the filter from the bottom of the tube and it should be fine. I was hoping someone here had tried it and come up with a known ratio.

Thanks again for all the information.

Let me know if it works.

I have to wonder why they supply a filter on the tube and then tell you to remove it?

Let me know if it works.

I have to wonder why they supply a filter on the tube and then tell you to remove it?

So you can use liquid thicker than water. With thin dye you get the filter but when it's thicker the filter would limit the suction so you take it off.

I tried it with super sheen with and without thinning and tried two different cans and the results were the same.

I can't see how a filter makes any difference if the viscosity is right.

Edited by Tree Reaper

I tried it with super sheen with and without thinning and tried two different cans and the results were the same.

I can't see how a filter makes any difference if the viscosity is right.

I agree, removing the filter lets you use a thicker liquid according to the manufacturer. This way you get better coverage without having to make as many passes as you would with paint the consistency of water.

I tried removing the filter, but there was tons of minute bits in the paint and the button nozel kept clogging up, launch down the garden a couple of times.... don't forget to strain your mix.....