I'm using eco-flow fudge brown and the directions say " apply with cloth". When I try that it doesn't get into the tooling. Then when I tried to reapply to get the tooling I get dark spots. The next time I tried a swab. It did a fine job in the tooling,on the smooth surfaces I got a great effect....if you like a woodgrain pattern. Should I be prepping the surface, or throwing this stuff out and using an oil?

Nevermind, I found out that it's an all-in-one stain and finish. I'm moving on to oil dyes.

Tandy's all in one products are crap, throwing it out is the right decision. Their hi-lite and gel antiques have their uses (mostly antiquing, but you can do some interesting effects with the hi-lite stains), but as far as their dyes go the only good ones are their professional line.

Don't throw out the leather though cause the eco flo is water based and you can clean most of it off with good ole water. There will still be some color but not much. Then through out the eco flo stain cause that stuff aint worth a crap.

Nevermind, I found out that it's an all-in-one stain and finish. I'm moving on to oil dyes.

Good Move!

Tandy's all in one products are crap, throwing it out is the right decision. Their hi-lite and gel antiques have their uses (mostly antiquing, but you can do some interesting effects with the hi-lite stains), but as far as their dyes go the only good ones are their professional line.

So true, the "All in one" products are terrible but if you want some contrast in your dyeing without the expense of air brushes etc then try some of the other antique ranges, A normal dish sponge heavily loaded is enough to get it everwhere you want it but you do need to move(and remove) fast with it....the Tandy video guide on how to use it is shockingly bad and i'm surprised they sell any!