Texas Marauder

Another Noob Needing Help With Paint

I was never interested in painting leather. Never liked the heavy color. Then I watched this video. Really love the light color produced. More of a suggested, hint of color. What types of paint, and technique is used in this video. Thanks for the help!

It looks like super diluted acrylic paint. I would try diluting Angelus paint with water to see if you get "wash" look that you are looking for. I personally would stay away from Cova that is offered by Tandys as it's not enough bang for the buck in my opinion. Some folks have luck with the folk art paint you can get at any hobby store too.

It looks like super diluted acrylic paint. I would try diluting Angelus paint with water to see if you get "wash" look that you are looking for. I personally would stay away from Cova that is offered by Tandys as it's not enough bang for the buck in my opinion. Some folks have luck with the folk art paint you can get at any hobby store too.

Thanks! Will look into that.

On the tray it looked like watered down acrylic or thick watercolor. It looked like watercolor on the leather. That was my first impression. Haven't read about anyone using watercolor on leather. Would watercolor work? Let it dry and "case" it with watercolor?

If you go back a bit and pause the video looks like she is in fact using the Cova paints thinned down