Sjohnsone

Customized Snaps

I'm starting to see more and more leatherworkers with customized snaps (makers mark image on them). I think it's awesome looking and I'd like to do it as well. I tried searching for ages on the internet and everyone I ask gives me the cold shoulder.

Anyone have any leads?

Thanks in advance,

Seth

http://hongye-metal.en.alibaba.com/product/1307751044-201158809/metal_snap_fastener_metal_buttons_with_logo.html

the above web page was the only thing i could find. 100 set min. ordering from China. If you use them post if they're any good.

Will order them tonight. I'll let you know after I get them!

http://hongye-metal...._with_logo.html

the above web page was the only thing i could find. 100 set min. ordering from China. If you use them post if they're any good.

Wrote to them yesterday. Still haven't heard back. isn't looking so promising.

Yea...everyone I have ever asked about custom snaps, buckles..ect won't give u the time of day. It's a shame more US companies are not making their own hardware and offering these services...heck of a potential money maker.

Steel -

I asked like 3 small companies where they get the supplies and I think it's one of two things and perhaps both. They A: don't want you to have them or B: don't want you to know they dropped 3 grand to get them.

I contacted the "guy" at "The Buckle Guy" and in order to get them you have to spend about 1700 bucks for 10,000 snaps.

I don't even know what i'd do with that many snaps, never mind the fact I want line 20's and line 24's. I suppose i could always weigh one and see what that is x 10,000 in scrap value in the event I couldn't use TWENTY THOUSAND SNAPS.

Edited by Sjohnsone

I'm also trying to find where to get these since I see small leatherwork operations that have their own custom hardware.