JOATSP

Th He Boss

Hello forum im new here.... I think I did extensive research on the Boss and read more negatives than positives. We travel a lot doing shows and figured carrying a table around would not be a great idea. I want to ask those of you that actually enjoy their Boss and use it to generate an income. I understand that a table top is easier because of power , but not portable. Any and all positive experiences and comments are wanted please. Thanks in advance.

I don't do shows, so my comments are pretty speculative on what is needed. I have both a Boss and a Pro 2000 Juki. They will both do the job, albeit at different speeds and costs. My boss is mounted on a delta tool stand that weighs around 25#. It can easily be hauled around and still be sturdy enough to sew anything you might want. The Juki with motor and table weighs probably 300+#. I never want to move it again - even a little bit!

The Boss can be quirky and finicky to set up and do consistant work. Once you get it figured out and tuned properly, it will do an okay job. Some folks run out of patience with them since it is their first machine, or different than any other machine they have used. If you decide on a Boss, you need to be patient and expect a little lag time in getting the machine figured out. Once you do, I believe you will be happy with it for what it does. If you want to crank out stuff quickly with little down time and a dependable consistant stitch - a Juki clone is hard to beat. - Just heavy and expensive!!

There is a new blog that has recently started, about the Tippmann Boss Leather Stitcher. There is a posting in it about the importance of mounting the Boss on a sturdy supporting structure.