Rawhide

Pictures from the Boot and Saddlemakers Show

On the subject of who won what, I just wanted to point out that the winner of the Beginner category (first of the saddles with the green tag- oak leaf pattern) is only 15 and did it all without any firsthand instruction. I thought that was quite an accomplishment.

Hey Marlon,

YOU ARE ONE SNEEKY MUG....you got a great picture of us and we would have loved for you to stop by the booth and chat. It would have been nice to meet and greet.

PZ

Hi Marlon,

I too want to thank you for sharing the pictures from this show. I know it takes a lot of time and patience to try and get pictures of all the entries and other things going on at a show and then get them up for the rest of us to see what we missed by not being able to be there in person. It is appreciated!!!

Johanna,

It was all your coaching!! :coffeecomp:

Paul,

I did want to stop by and chat, but you had so many customers, it was hard to get to you guys. Looks like you generated a lot of interest.

ClayB,

You're welcome. Glad you enjoy them.

Marlon

Marlon,

Great job with the pictures, my wife and I spent all Friday at the show and I came home with a new Artisan 3000. Sorry we didn't get to meet you. I did have the pleasure of meeting Troy West and John Watsabaugh. This was the first big show we've been able to attend and we had a great time- didn't want to leave.

We live in Southeast Kansas, so on the way home Saturday we stopped by the Western Heritage museum in OKC and saw the TCAA display. Some amazing work. Between seeing that work and the work at the show, it was two days of great leatherwork.

Go2Tex- sorry about the bad hotel experiance. That can definately ruin an otherwise fun trip. We stayed North of Wichita Falls in Burkburnett at the Hampton Inn. Only about 12 miles north of the show, small town and very nice hotel.

As soon as I can get my wife's help- I'll get pictures of my last saddle posted.

Chuck Norris

Marlon,

Great job with the pictures, my wife and I spent all Friday at the show and I came home with a new Artisan 3000. Sorry we didn't get to meet you. I did have the pleasure of meeting Troy West and John Watsabaugh. This was the first big show we've been able to attend and we had a great time- didn't want to leave.

We live in Southeast Kansas, so on the way home Saturday we stopped by the Western Heritage museum in OKC and saw the TCAA display. Some amazing work. Between seeing that work and the work at the show, it was two days of great leatherwork.

Go2Tex- sorry about the bad hotel experiance. That can definately ruin an otherwise fun trip. We stayed North of Wichita Falls in Burkburnett at the Hampton Inn. Only about 12 miles north of the show, small town and very nice hotel.

As soon as I can get my wife's help- I'll get pictures of my last saddle posted.

Chuck Norris

Well, it's my own fault. I waited until the last week before the show to try and get reservations and everthing was booked at the better places. I tell ya though, I was sure lookin' forward to hoppin' in that pool after a 6 hour drive from South Texas. But, it's been my experience lately that more and more motels are just closing their pools to get out of having to clean them, I guess. Probably has something to do with the predominance of foreigners running them. Must be a cultural thing....

Marlon,

Chuck Norris

Chuck,

Sorry we didn't get to meet, but we had a great time as well. Let us know how your Toro works out.

Marlon

Marlon

Sounds like you had a great time. I went to the show in 2005 and 2006 because of my interest in western boots. I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with some of todays finest bootmakers. I purchased several of my boot making tools at that show. I spent 2 weeks in St.Jo Tx. in 2006 learning boot making from boot maker Carl Chappell. I really wanted to make it to the show this year, but it wasn't in the cards.

Glad you were able to share your photos with us.

Randy

Marlon

Sounds like you had a great time. I went to the show in 2005 and 2006 because of my interest in western boots. I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with some of todays finest bootmakers. I purchased several of my boot making tools at that show. I spent 2 weeks in St.Jo Tx. in 2006 learning boot making from boot maker Carl Chappell. I really wanted to make it to the show this year, but it wasn't in the cards.

Glad you were able to share your photos with us.

Randy

You're welcome Randy. We did have a great time.

Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Marlon