troy

Got An Idea To Solve A Problem, But Someone Might Have A Better One?

see photo below, it is of a plan for a chopper seat with a high curved back. As can be seen, I plan to do a largish expanse of flat braiding where basically the seat won't be sat on, rather rested against. Evenso with this expance of braiding I forsee the braided rising off of the leather due to the curve. To remedy this I have decided to not braid the letters but rather braid around them using the seat leather as the letters, if you get my meaning thus pressing the braid against the leather. I would of rathered braidied the letters as normal but could'nt think of a way to ensure the braid stays against the leather - any body done something similar and got a better idea?

Cheers

Paul

post-182-0-13071100-1392411671_thumb.jpg

Quill braiding(a lot like embroidery) is another option I would consider. Might take a bit longer to do that type of job. But it will garantee that the leather will sit down and behave itself like it should.

Brian...

Quill braiding(a lot like embroidery) is another option I would consider. Might take a bit longer to do that type of job. But it will garantee that the leather will sit down and behave itself like it should.

Brian...

Great suggestion, Knothead!

Thanks. But we'll see if he likes the idea of that kind of work... It's pretty when done though. Never done any of that yet myself.

Brian...

cheers for the idea Brian, have looked into it a bit but I think I'll stick with the roo braiding as I know how to do that and this project is'nt really the sort to try out new things, but ye does look good...

Cheers

Paul