Sign in to follow this  
DavidL

Pricking Iron From Barnsley Any Good?

6 spi pricking iron from barnsley selling for 150 for a set of two. How do these compare to dixon, vergez or any other makers for quality and price.

They might be ok if old, modern Barnsley tools aren't in the Blanchard or Doxons league though

Charlie

They might be ok if old, modern Barnsley tools aren't in the Blanchard or Doxons league though

IMO

Charlie

Charlie

IMO

Charlie

Do you own a barnsley or is this what you have read?

Do you own a barnsley or is this what you have read?

I own some of nearly everything ;-)

Modern Barnsley running up to their closing down is crude and built to a price. Modern Dixons less so. They went through a really bad spell and are getting better. Blanchard are more or less the last supplier of good pricking irons where your more or less guaranteed to get something good each time you buy. I have all three brands and use Blanchard more or less exclusively in production

Charlie

Thanks for the reply i think I'm going to go for another vergez pricking iron as I already have one in a different size and they seem to be doing fine. On the off chance since you seem to have many tools, do you have any 6 SPI pricking irons that you don't use and want to sell?

Sorry, I don't have anything in that small an spi at all, we start at 8 as a minimum and generally stitch at 10 or higher

Charlie