yodersj

Hello From Nc

Hello all,

Just got back into leatherwork after a 15 year hiatus (started back about 3 years ago). Started back with mostly small stuff - wristbands and stamping. Progressed into some mixed media, in the form of wire work and gold leaf, with a few larger pieces - a couple of messenger bags. Just a month ago I tried my hand at carving again, jumping right into with figure carving.

Dyeing has never been a strong point for me, so I've been looking around for tips as I test ideas on scraps. Being a fan of Fiebings's oil dyes, these new fangled Eco-Flo water-based dyes have been confusing until another leather worker I met pointed out I would get better results with the Pro line. I'm kind of sad it is getting hard to find the oil dye at my local Tandy. Now that I've got something I want to add color to, I ran across this forum again (found it a while back, but was in a rush and forgot to come back to sign up) while digging for tips.

At any rate, there's great information here. Not sure I can contribute much yet, but will be happy to help when and if I can to repay what I've learned already from here and what I will learn in the time to come. If you are interested, though the pictures aren't good, here is the saddle I made 20 years ago: http://www.flatmtn.c...e/saddle-making . While some of my newer work can be seen here (just the leatherwork): https://plus.google....320359304421697

Thank you all,

Stephanie

Forget that eco-flow crap that is what the tree hugers want you to use. Stick with Feibings or better yet Angelus they are the best.

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to leather craft!