Colt W Knight

Leatherburnishers.com Cocobolo Burnisher

That awl handle is impressive, I like the fluting , nice bit of work. What's the inlay in the butt?

Edited by J Hayes

He is doing those on his lathe, he have made many attachments for it that can do every thing; even make rosettes. I guess the white in the handle that is either ivory or horn. The awl blade is made of a car spring and have a hardened tip to hold an edge longer.

Here is some of his other small hand tools; where the handles are made from cocobolo, ivory,horn black wood and brass. He does them all in his lathe. This is one of his hobbies. I also do leather work and he made all his hand tools him self. He told me he could not afford to buy them :)

I will ask for permission to show of his leather tools here too. He made a copy of Blanchard's pricking wheel that is very impressive and a draw gauge in gun metal that is very nice. In fact all what he does looks very good. I have tried to talk him in to making me some tools, but I understand its allot of work. Thats one of the reasons I do not want to post his name here; he is going to get overrunned by tool requests (and its only one of his hobbies). I am going to make a new topic about his tools next week, this week I am too busy.

Thank you for your comments, I will make sure he knows.

Thanks

Tor

post-10237-0-11394300-1399271307_thumb.j

Edited by Trox

WOW

those are some lovely tools there Trox !

Hi Macca, yes he makes beautiful tools. I will post picture of his others leather tools later, I really like his style.

Tor