A co-worker of mine had a knife from Vietnam that had a plastic/pvc type sheath that was coming apart and he wanted me to make a new sheath for him - here are the results. This is my first sheath and my first project starting from scratch. I have made a tandy wallet kit and that is it. I am a beginner in the art of leatherworking - I have learned a lot from this forum and I thank all of you for the discussion that takes place on this board. Let me know what you think and how I can improve.

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0481.jpg

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

Nice job!

I think it looks a little out of place to have the border on the BW stamp on the sheath body, but not the retainer....but hey, it's a first piece, AND an original design.

Nice job!

I think it looks a little out of place to have the border on the BW stamp on the sheath body, but not the retainer....but hey, it's a first piece, AND an original design.

I agree - I did have the border on the BW stamp on the retainer but it was too wide so I had to cut off that part and go with the bastketweave only - oh well - you learn something new on every project

Very good looking job....I think it would have a very custom look if you contoured the opening of the sheath to fit the handle shape at that point.

R.K.,

I think this piece is really something special, and I'm sure your friend will feel the same way. You did a great job for a first sheath. I really like the smooth black color, the clean stamping job, and the fine stitching work.

Two thumbs up on this one. :yes:

Best, -Alex

It is a hell of a lot better than my first basketweave stamp job!!!

Looks great!!!

cal

I agree with the others, nice job on the first one.Especially nice basketweave too.Dave

Lovely job. That basketweave is excellent. Now all you need to do is post the next one!