wabbit

Juki Lu 563 Pressure Foot/needle Bar Adjustment

First post. Have enjoyed the info and excellent advice the members provide. I got a bit of a stumper going in on my Juki 563. Seeing up for sewing some 5/32" piping and when I installed the new walking foot set I noticed that the inner one is hitting the left inner edge of the outer foot. Overlap is about 1/16 to 1/32 of an inch. This is a brand new foot set. My other feet seem to not have this problem but they have more clearance. Any thoughts?

Erik

First off, check that the vibrating/inside presser foot, when mounted, does not have excessive play side to side. Often, the same inside presser foot will contact the feed dog and get pushed to one side slightly.

If that's all good, either swap the feet out for new ones, or grind off the sides until there is enough clearance. It's not that big of a deal, and they will work fine. Just make sure the needle goes straight down the center of the inside foot, so it does not deflect the needle or pinch the thread.

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

Hello silly wabbit,(just couldn't resist), are you using a piping foot, or a zipper foot? The zipper foot will work better( in my opinion), than a piping foot because you can sew closer to the welt, and there is only one side to the foot. Plus, you only need one set, not many different sets depending on the size of the welt. This might solve your problem as well. If not, follow Gregg's advice. In most of the upholstery shops that I have been in, they use zipper feet. Thanks, Steve Hi Gregg, hope all is well.

Edited by Cobra Steve