eransh10

Leather Finish

Lay it on a rough surface like a concrete block grain side down and hit it with a mallet up and down the length, move hit again, until at the end. How much effect is up to you.

You can actually use anything rough to indent the surface with. Chunk of granite or marble's rough end, brick, etc.

Those look like they have had some light finish like Leather Balm or Resolene applied and when dry, antiquing gel laid on thick and wiped off to color the holes and speckles.

Pretty easy effect to get.

Lay it on a rough surface like a concrete block grain side down and hit it with a mallet up and down the length, move hit again, until at the end. How much effect is up to you.

You can actually use anything rough to indent the surface with. Chunk of granite or marble's rough end, brick, etc.

Those look like they have had some light finish like Leather Balm or Resolene applied and when dry, antiquing gel laid on thick and wiped off to color the holes and speckles.

Pretty easy effect to get.

Thank you very much for that tip !!!

This effect is easy to you - but not to me.

Anyway - it's great help to me !!!!!

It's really not hard. You have no pattern hat you have to follow. It's totally up to you.

ENC mentioned the E294 series of tools and I can see some of those patterns in the collar, but it looks like there is more there.

I could be wrong and it would not be the first time <g>

Experiment.

Later

Hey there,

I was surprised to see your links, I'm the crafter of these collars.

It was fun coming up with ways to distress it... It's not often that you deliberately try to beat up leather! Basically, what TomG said.

There is a tool used in there to touch up some of the rough spots (and by rough, I mean the areas that are too smooth). The tool you're looking at is the E294.