David Lane

Manual Clicker Advice Needed

Hello all,

I am looking to purchase a manual clicker press, and I wanted to poll the experts before I pull the trigger on one.

I am between 3 right now.

#1) Lucris M A series III

#2) Weaver 8 ton Mighty wonder

#3) Weaver's version of the Lucris

I have not experiences with any of these tools, and I will need to purchase on in the next couple of weeks. Any advice, suggestions, pros and cons or general thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

David-

since there are no replies Il add my 2 cents. I have not bought a clicker before but have heard that lucris press is a good press. If you want something lower end and you are not clicking hundreds of patterns a day a 20 ton rigged shop press will work out well for only 300 dollars.

A quick search on the forum will lead you to it.

A suggestion for even smaller operation are wood mallets made specifically for hitting dies w/ out the use of a press.

Google Elfita to find it if thats what your looking for.

Depends on what you are going to use it for, small or large parts to start. I make small parts with a Lucris and would not trade it for any other manual press for that purpose. The largest part that I click has about 22 inches of cutting edge and the Lucris handles it fine. Most of the parts that I make have less than 12 inches of cutting edge and I can make about 250 parts a hour with these dies. If you will be making parts with 25 inches cutting edges and up a shop press would be go for short run production parts and a hydraulic swing arm press would be best for larger production runs. -- Tex

That is a great buy. It is still set up for paper, but that is no problem. -- Tex

That is a great buy. It is still set up for paper, but that is no problem. -- Tex

It is for sure. Really wish I had the funds, but the tax man was not kind to me this year.... :(