Fiebing's makes some of the most popular finishes used by leather workers today. They also have something like, I don't know, 10? finishes to choose from. I was hoping one of the old timers could enlighten us to the comparative results. I have always used bag kote, and I like it, but I don't like the idea that one of the other choices would suit my purposes better. I want to try some of the others, but I don't want to go at it COMPELTELY blind. The info provided by Fiebing is pretty vague. If we get some good replies this thread would make a very useful sticky.

Thanks all!

I've been using Fiebings Aussie for everything. I like it a lot.

I have not....sorry.

Well it looks promising. I think I'm going to have suck it up and spend the cash to try aussie, atom wax, and resolene.

I'm not a fan of resolene unless I feel like I have to use it. I think the finish it provides is pretty awful feeling. Plus it kills all that wonderful leather smell.

However, If you need something as water resistant as possible then resolene is the stuff.

Well,

I tried Aussie and it's perfect. Thanks Joe! Leaves the leather soft and buttery

Hey no problem! I'm glad you like it. It was recommended to me by the manager at my local Tandy. He definitely did not steer me wrong!

Trying to not muddy the waters here but I have to ask. Is Fiebing's Aussie similar in results to Pecards?

Thanks for asking this, Feraud. I look forward to seeing an answer as I have never tried Pecards. All I can find on google is that whip makers like both.