I would like some feedback on what people out there think of this machine with a 9' throat thanks. I am making portfolios and messenger bags so far with it.

If the machine works for what you are sewing, who cares what anybody else thinks?

But, if you haven't bought it already, opinions won't be favorable for this, or any brand of portable walking foot machine.

All the current crop of portable walking foot machines are dual feed only, using a combination of a feed dog on the bottom, moving in sync with the outer presser foot. There are teeth on the foot, so you see tooth marks top and bottom. But, smooth feet can be found or teeth ground off.

Moving past that, these machines are often poorly cast and sanded, and have soft metal moving parts that bend and jam fairly easily. I bought one on eBay that apparently was dropped in shipping. The box was intact, but the machine had a broken rear belt protector cover and was hopelessly jammed and could not be freed up. While trying to get it to turn, I opened the top cover. The casting was horrible! Rough edges everywhere. Shafts and bearings were junk Chinese steel. The arm that moves the outside foot was bent.

Aside from any manufacturing flaws or shipping problems, the machines are able to sew with #138 thread with a #23 needle, but only up to 1/4 inch of leather. If that leather is dense, the machine may not penetrate it under its own power, unless you hammer down on the pedal to get started. The tiny motor has limited slow speed punching power for a walking foot machine mechanism.

If the leather or material is not too dense, and doesn't exceed 1/4" to 5/16" thickness, a portable walking foot machine may do the job, (unless UPS drops the box on its rear side during shipping, jamming it beyond repair).

Edited by Wizcrafts

yes I have the machine and it has been doing everything I need it to do.I bought it before I came along the great website you guys have,hopefully the machine keeps working for me and if I have problems hopefully someone here can help me out .Thank you for your reply.

Do post photos of the work you sew on this machine.

I will thanks, going through some health issues right now but hopefully I can do something soon .