Vikti

Hello from Texas

Hi all,

I just found out about this forum this last week and I'm amazed as to all the experience and help that everyone has posted.

I started working with leather when I joined the SCA about 11 years ago and put it up after about 2 years and just started back with it again about 6 months ago. I haven't done much lately except try to build my skills up but here is what I have done earlier today, my first attempt at an oak leaf mind you, not bad in my opinion though my photography skills can use a lot of improvement. And from time to time I'll post some of the stuff my oldest daughter does now that she has an interest.

HPIM0804.jpg

Talk to everyone later,

Damon

post-7630-1224470171_thumb.jpg

Damon,

I would like to welcome you and your daughter to the Forum. I think you will find that we are all interested in advancing the art and craft of leatherwork. You will find that there are lots of ways to solve a problem and we all have different experiences and that is why we share them. Sample them, find the ones that work best for you, modify them to fit your style and needs, expand on them and then share them. That is how we learn and grow the knowledge base. And remember that we all had our first leather project, even if it was so long ago that we can't remember what it was or where it is today. 8-)

Look around, ask questions, share your work and techniques, enjoy the coffee and cookies.

BillB.

Hey Damon!

Hello from Houston!! What part of Texas are you in? There are several of us lurking around this place.....

Welcome to the board!!

William

I'm in Cleburne but when work allows I'm starting to try to bring projects up to Hidecrafters in Ft. Worth so if I have any questions or problems I can quickly get some help.

Welcome to the site.

Greeting from Austin, Tx

:red_bandana:

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Weatherford and a member of Lonestar Leather Crafters also.

Edited by indypbear

How cool is that to have so many people around you. I say I'm near Philadelphia( yea Phillies!) and all I hear are the crickets chirping. Welcome Vikti, and take full advantage of having close compadres.

Welcome to the group,

"May we open out minds to the Bounty of knowledge (contained here in), So that we all may grow and partake of the richness of Life"....

(me)

Edited by Greybeard

Greetings from The Colony. Glad to see other leathercrafters nearby.

Howdy from Elgin tx, just outside Austin. This site is a great resource and source of inspiration.