Wow, lots of pictures! You put in a lot of work on that project! I thought it looked pretty nice.

Criticism? I wondered why the retention strap on the holster had the snap so low.

Wow, lots of pictures! You put in a lot of work on that project! I thought it looked pretty nice.

Criticism? I wondered why the retention strap on the holster had the snap so low.

Thanks!

I probably should have put the snap about 3/8" higher on the holster. That would have put the snap right on the trigger guard rather than in front of it. The holster is lined, so the snap back wouldn't have marred the plastic. Thanks for the comments!

The holster and belt are beautifully tooled. Why did you not tool the mag pouch?

Also it appears the retention strap engages the grip safety. Or am I wrong here? Either way it is merely academic as the XD is perfectly safe even with the grip safety engaged.

The holster and belt are beautifully tooled. Why did you not tool the mag pouch?

Also it appears the retention strap engages the grip safety. Or am I wrong here? Either way it is merely academic as the XD is perfectly safe even with the grip safety engaged.

I wanted to tool the mag pouches, but the customer (who is a co-worker) did not want them tooled. I think he's intending on wearing the mag pouches without the belt occasionally.

Yes, the grip safety is engaged when the retention strap is tight.

Nice rig!