I just picked up a very cheap Juki 563-3 (seller claimed it was motor clutch issue). It ended up being a bent upper feed spring rod (causing the feed drive rod to bind against the main shaft. That was easy enough to fix in a press and facing cut on the lathe.

However I managed to break the drive pin assembly for the take up arm. I think I can machine a new one, however I would like to have a backup plan it it doesnt work. Ive been been looking for replacement parts(and found a few places look like they have the part) but was hoping to get a suggestion as to a reputable shop to prder from.

Call MJ Foley in New Baltimore, MI. They are the largest Juki dealer in America. Phone number is 586-948-6070. Ask for Luke. He can get you any part for the Juki LU563.

shoepatcher.

Call MJ Foley in New Baltimore, MI. They are the largest Juki dealer in America. Phone number is 586-948-6070. Ask for Luke. He can get you any part for the Juki LU563.

shoepatcher.

Thanks for the info. I was able to machine the replacement part but ill get in touch with them for any parts I cant fabricate.

rps20140709_230238_zpscudednoh.jpg

rps20140709_230158_zpsdbsu6dv1.jpg

make sure you drill holes in the body of the part you fabricated. That part had a wick inside of it with oil holes in it. other parts I would buy since they are not tow expensive. When ordering from Luke at MJ Foley, ask him for both genuine and generic parts and prices. A lot of times, the generic parts are as good as the genuine and a lot cheaper, especially for your Juki since it is a copy of the original Singer 111W155. Just my two cents. I deal with Luke all the time so I know parts and prices.

glenn

make sure you drill holes in the body of the part you fabricated. That part had a wick inside of it with oil holes in it. other parts I would buy since they are not tow expensive. When ordering from Luke at MJ Foley, ask him for both genuine and generic parts and prices. A lot of times, the generic parts are as good as the genuine and a lot cheaper, especially for your Juki since it is a copy of the original Singer 111W155. Just my two cents. I deal with Luke all the time so I know parts and prices.

glenn

Glenn, you are correct. The drive pin got a stepped through hole and three cross drilled holes for the wick and oil dispersion. This was the last (known) issue to fix and I was anxious to test the machine since I had been unable to previously.

I ran it last night and other than needing to adjust thread tension it seems to work well. So far It would appear (at least in my mind) my $145 gamble was well spent.

Edited by jar944