rdb

The Little things...

Had to make some belt looped mag cases for my friends. Right off the bat, I have no patterns for such things, so I had to figger some. This design is opposite from all the ones I've seen, naturally, I couldn't copy someone else...sheeesh, I do things the hard way

This isn't showoff stuff, by any means, but just to show the things people ask me to make, and I how I cope without all the stuff I need, like patterns, and sewing equipment, without spending too much time on little things. The pix will show my worked out patterns, and assembly.

I needed to make 2 single 45s, one single 40, and a double 40.

I didn't handstitch, should have but didn't. I don't have a holster plate, and foot yet, money is tight, so I jammed it in the 3000, and did the best I could. The left foot knocked some stitches away from the line, and the stitching looks like my old neighborhood cobbler in the 50s, but like him, it ain't pretty, but the stitching is tight, backstitched heavy, and not going anywhere. The mags are tight, and since this is horsebutt, they should stay that way for a long time. I still need to find a source for retention screws with two phillip head ends, not those spiked ones...too big, and ugly.

I still have to vinegaroon them black, my friends, and customers love the look.

You can join in with your own pix of things you aren't used to making, and how you handle it.

Thanx for lookin'

leather_002__Large_.jpg

leather_003__Large_.jpg

leather_004__Large_.jpg

leather_005__Large_.jpg

leather_006__Large_.jpg

leather_008__Large_.jpg

leather_009__Large_.jpg

leather_017__Large_.jpg

post-5140-1224955551_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1224955569_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1224955588_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1224955604_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1224955619_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1224955662_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1224955673_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1224955686_thumb.jpg

Thanx Brad and Shorts.

Brad, the back of the case pictures are there...

I think the belt loop coming from the bottom is unique. Whether it works or lasts, my friends will keep me informed, we'll see.

Thanx Brad and Shorts.

Brad, the back of the case pictures are there...

I think the belt loop coming from the bottom is unique. Whether it works or lasts, my friends will keep me informed, we'll see.

oops accidentally skipped that one.....