ltracy1000

Starting Out.

Hey all,

I'm new to the site, and relatively new to leather work. I'll post some pictures of my first attempt at actually taking a project all the way to the end. Overall, it isn't the greatest, but I learned a ton and know where I went wrong in a few places and what works.

It's a case for my Gerber multi tool:

post-55547-0-95330600-1412218393_thumb.j

post-55547-0-77922300-1412218396_thumb.j

post-55547-0-11927800-1412218400_thumb.j

Now most of my issues with the stitching are due to the back being slightly too small. Also, on the next one I plan to do a sewn belt loop vs. the slits. My edging will be better as I ran across the thread by hidepounder on how to burnish edges and I very much like the looks of them. I am reasonably happy with how the wet form took on the front piece. I like the look of a gloss clear finish, would look nice over some tooling as well. Any other input would be much appreciated.

Anyway, I'm glad I stumbled across this site with its amazing wealth of knowledgeable and friendly people. Hope to be able to spend some time and learn a ton from you all!

Thanks for reading

Welcome to LW, best leather site on the internet in my honest opinion. Not bad for a first attempt, look forward to seeing more.

Ha, it looks like you've got all your mistakes covered. Welcome to the forum, and good luck! Leatherworking is awesome, and you're off to a good start.

Yeah, so far I have been massively impressed with the amount of knowledge, information, and the helpful people. The next one I make needs to have a small pouch on the front for some accessory bits, still trying to figure that one out :-/ any ideas?

Sorry, I haven't really studied the construction of a leatherman case with multiple pockets - this is an old thread and all the pictures are gone, but the author said at the beginning of September that he would re-load the pictures. Maybe send him a PM and remind him: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=31601

You should also use the search option in forums for "multitool" and "leatherman", and any other combination of words you can think of. You'll probably find something helpful.

Thank you very much! I've actually been through that thread, and scoured LW.net and the rest of the internet looking. I have some ideas, just wondering if anyone had insight. I appreciate your help!